Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Simpsons' fan in TV record bid




A Simpsons fan is to attempt a world record by watching all 451 episodes of the television show back to back.


It would take Glyn Stott, 34, from Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales, six days without sleep, reports the Daily Telegraph.


He said: "I'm a huge fan of the show and I've seen every episode but watching them continuously for almost a week will be a feat of endurance.


"The judges have to make sure my eyes are firmly fixed on the screen - I have to be seen to be concentrating all the way through."


The current record for non-stop television watching is four days, set by an American viewer.
Mr Stott, a shop manager, will get a 20-minute break at the end of every three episodes and he must stick to the strict rules laid down by Guinness.

He said: "If I have a meal during the world record attempt I'm not allowed to look down at the plate - my eyes must be on the TV all the time.
"I will be allowed to use an exercise bike to keep my circulation going but even then I can't avert my eyes from the Simpsons.


"I will be watching 20 years of TV compressed into six-and-a-half days - it will be amazing to see how the show has changed over the years."
A spokesman for Fox said: "Nearly a week without sleep watching TV - Homer would be proud of him."

No comments:

Post a Comment