Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Langer of a policeman!!

Man fined 'for blowing his nose'

An Ayrshire businessman says he has been fined by the police for blowing his nose while stuck in a traffic jam.

Michael Mancini, 39, from Prestwick, said he was in standing traffic in Ayr town centre with the handbrake on when he used a tissue to clean his nose.

He claimed he was waved over by four police officers and given a fixed penalty for not being in proper control of his car.

Mr Mancini said: "I still had the tissue in my hand and was totally stunned when he said I was getting a fixed penalty notice for not being in control of my car.

"I thought it was some kind of Beadle's About moment - a wind-up. The traffic was at a complete standstill and I had my handbrake on."

The self-employed furniture restorer is refusing to pay the £60 fine and the case may now proceed to court.

The Daily Mail says the policeman involved was PC Stuart Gray, nicknamed 'PC Shiny Buttons' for his zealous approach to the job.

Last year, he issued a £50 fixed penalty for littering to a man who accidentally dropped a £10 note in the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment