Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Extreme things to do for charity!!

We spoke on the show about going to extreme lengths for charity or a good cause and we had a few interesting ideas including NAKED BINGO!!! Class! It was all inspired by this lady:


A Hampshire pensioner is aiming to break her own record as the world's oldest abseiler by plunging 220ft on her 96th birthday.

Doris Long, 95, from Hayling Island, will abseil down the civic office building in Portsmouth, reports the Daily Telegraph.

She will be joined by BBC Radio 2 breakfast show presenter Chris Evans and Gavin and Stacey star James Corden for the charity stunt.

Mrs Long said: "It is very exciting. I like Chris very much; he is a very funny man.

"I met James Corden recently and he was lovely too. I have met so many famous people through my fund-raising and it is still great fun.

"If either of them are scared I will be on hand to give them some tips on getting down safely."

No comments:

Post a Comment