Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Farrell to take over from Arnie!

Things still on the up for Colin Farrell

Colin Farrell is to star in a remake of 'Total Recall', it has been confirmed.

The Irish actor will reprise Arnold Schwarzenegger's lead role in the 1990 classic.

Farrell is currently putting himself through a gruelling training regime in a bid to get in shape for the action hero part of Douglas Quaid.

He said, "I’m curious every time I go to work and I’m curious to go to work on 'Total Recall'.

"Script is cool. Script is smart. It’s clever and it’s well written and there’s loads of action.

“I saw some of the pre-visualisations already and it’s the first time in years where I went, ‘Wow! I could be part of that? In that frame?’ It’s gone back to the original.”

Talking about the film, producer Neal Moritz commented, "I think the world that [director] Len Wiseman is creating is incredible. It’s a real world, a real future world, where the cities have just gotten so overcrowded that the cities are just built up, up, up, up."

He added: "We’re playing it like a real world, but there’s all these technological advancements to the real world, and it’s just really, it’s cool. It’s an awesome movie. I’m dying—as a fan of movies, more than anything, it’s a movie that I’m just dying to see.”

Filming on 'Total Recall' will begin in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment