Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Chocolate Brussels Sprouts!!!


Brussels Sprouts............Yes? or No? anytime of the year or with your Christmas dinner?

The Reason I ask is because of the story below from today's Sun newspaper:


Andy Simpson says his new delicacy of Brussels coated in finest Belgian chocolate are selling like hot cakes at just 25p each.



Andy, who has a store at the Elsecar Heritage Centre, near Barnsley, South Yorks, came up with the idea while on one of his regular visits to schools, where he teaches pupils about the origins of their favourite treat.



The 49-year-old said: "I am always looking for something new and with Christmas approaching Brussels sprouts immediately popped into my mind.



Popular

"I go into schools in the area to tell children where chocolate comes from. A lot seem to think it just appears in supermarkets and don't realise it comes from the cocoa bean.



"On one visit I let the youngsters have a go at making chocolates, we tried using sprouts and they seemed to go down quite well with the kids.



"I decided to try them out on customers and they are proving popular and I'm hoping to sell a lot more to people looking for something a little different to have with their Christmas dinner.



"I know Brussels sprouts are a bit like Marmite, you either love them or loathe them. I like them, they are a nice chocolatey shape but I must admit they are an acquired taste."

============
And here they are:



Andrew. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment